Re: [VE][html5] http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" should be valid

21.5.2011 20:21, Jeff French wrote:

> Bad value X-UA-Compatible for attribute http-equiv on element meta.

You are apparently using the experimental HTML5 mode of the validator.
That mode is really a linter, not a rigorous validator. It does not
always match the most recent HTML5 draft, though I guess it tries to.

In this case, the construct is judged as "invalid" because it violates
HTML5 rules, which allow only a limited set of http-equiv values. Any
complaints on this should be directed to people who develop HTML5.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/