Re: checklink re-checks links in when recursive option is on

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 01:09:59 +0300
To: www-validator@w3.org
On 03/29/2011 12:22 AM, Chris Herdt wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification, Ville. I see in my access logs that each
> file appears at most twice (for HEAD and GET requests). I had
> overlooked the difference in the output (no HEAD or GET request
> appears after a previously checked file).

Thank you for overlooking and reporting it ;)

As a result, the next version of the link checker will most likely
contain some improvements regarding the output of when a link was not
actually checked, and GET requests will be made more eagerly in
recursive mode which reduces the number of unnecessary/throwaway HEAD
requests.  These improvements can already be tested with the link
checker's development version if you're interested:
http://qa-dev.w3.org/wlc/checklink