Re: Validator and Java

On 22 Mar 2011, at 22:58, Lucas Hernandez wrote:
> I need no validate thousands and thousands of URLs, that's why I want to download the validator's source code and code something with Java to use it on an automated way. The two biggest problems I have is that your source code is in Perl and that I use Windows XP.
> So, is this possible? Where should I start?

There are two basic issues here.

First is getting a copy of the validator running. Since I'm lazy, I would probably download VirtualBox, install Debian in it and then install the validator using the Debian package (apt-get install w3c-markup-validator). If I wanted to run it  directly under Windows then there are instructions at http://validator.w3.org/docs/install_win.html

You can then use the API (http://validator.w3.org/docs/api.html) from your Java application to interact with it.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk