Re: extra stuff in source

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 19:09:02 +0200
To: Nicholas Bamber <nicholas@periapt.co.uk>
CC: www-validator@w3.org
On 03/16/2011 12:18 PM, Nicholas Bamber wrote:

> 	I still have one concern about the combined.js file. Arguably the
> combined.js is not a source file but is presumably generated and packed
> from the other .js files.

That's right.

> I have taken over the Debian packaging of the
> markup validator and to be in strict compliance with Debian policy, we
> should be generating combined.js in case someone wants to change one of
> the source .js files. If you could clarify how you build combined.js I
> could put that into the Debian packaging.

Validator's Makefile contains rules for recreating all generated files.
 Unfortunately Makefile is not included in the 1.2 tarball which is a
packaging bug that should now be fixed for future releases.  Until then,
it can be downloaded from the validator Mercurial repository,

The combined.js included in the validator 1.2 release tarball was
generated with yuicompressor git revision d36d447 (pre-2.4.5).