Re: extra stuff in source

On 03/16/2011 12:18 PM, Nicholas Bamber wrote:

> 	I still have one concern about the combined.js file. Arguably the
> combined.js is not a source file but is presumably generated and packed
> from the other .js files.

That's right.

> I have taken over the Debian packaging of the
> markup validator and to be in strict compliance with Debian policy, we
> should be generating combined.js in case someone wants to change one of
> the source .js files. If you could clarify how you build combined.js I
> could put that into the Debian packaging.

Validator's Makefile contains rules for recreating all generated files.
 Unfortunately Makefile is not included in the 1.2 tarball which is a
packaging bug that should now be fixed for future releases.  Until then,
it can be downloaded from the validator Mercurial repository,
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/markup-validator/raw-file/tip/Makefile

The combined.js included in the validator 1.2 release tarball was
generated with yuicompressor git revision d36d447 (pre-2.4.5).