Validation Result Question

From: DerekSEO <derek@seo-sa.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 11:00:39 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org
I have two websites using exactly the same theme. The one passes the
validation test and the other gives me one error. The error is in this piece
of code and specifically the area highlighted:

function my_breadcrumbs() {

 global $post, $wp_query, $author;

 $home = "Home";
 $separator = "&rarr;";
 $before = "<span class=current>";
 $after = "</span>";

Here is the error message:

 Line 136, Column 52: an attribute value specification must be an attribute
value literal unless SHORTTAG YES is specified
…p://seo-sa.com">Home</a>  <span class=current>SEO Search Engine Optimization
S…

 However, the exact same code is contained in both sites and in both themes in
exactly the same way, syntax and all, without any difference.  Yet the one
shows an error and the other passes.  Could you please help me with this?

Thanks

Derek Prinsloo

--
Mail created using EssentialPIM Free - www.essentialpim.com