Re: Fw: Strange HTML5 errors on a Wordpress website

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 10:41:04 +0900
To: Titti <tittisant@tin.it>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Hi Tiziana,

Thanks for your message. One thing to keep in mind about the HTML5
validator (or any validator, really) is that what it's really intended for
is to help you catch problems in your content that you might otherwise have
missed. But sometimes it reports errors about things that you're already
aware of but that you either don't consider to be real problems, and/or
that you're not actually able to fix yourself.

In this case, the missing alt attributes and the invalid rel values are
things that you're aware of. And from what you said in this message, they
are also things that you can't fix easily. So you can safely ignore the
error messages for those, and instead just focus on fixing any other errors
the validator is reporting that you otherwise would not have known about
and that you can fix directly yourself.

  --Mike

Titti <tittisant@tin.it>, 2011-06-07 23:12 +0200:

--