[VE][html5] Different results between direct-input and by-URI for the same code

From: Peter Murray <jester@dltj.org>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2011 11:44:53 -0400
To: www-validator@w3.org
Error [html5]: ""
NOTE: Whenever possible, give the address of the document you were checking.

I am testing the validity of the newly proposed schema.org markup -- and in particular the validity of a bare (no value) attribute ('itemscope' in the case of schema.org).  I am getting different results based on whether I use the direct-input method versus the by-URI method of getting the markup to the validator.  If I use direct-input with the contents of the URI below the validator returns

  Line 8, Column 16: required character (found i) (expected =)

If I use the by-URI or file-upload methods with

  http://dltj.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/schema-event-html5.html

....the validation passes.  I can't find a way to account for this different result based on the input being fed to the validator.

Peter