Re: W3c HTML 4.01 checking links

On 06/01/2011 04:21 PM, Gareth wrote:
> Problem on my page
> http://www.genuki.org.uk/big/wal/
>

> Error message;
> ###################
> Sorry! This document can not be checked.
>
>     Error
>
>     Sorry, this type of URL scheme ("undefined") is not supported by this
> service. Please check that you entered the URL correctly.
>
>     URLs should be in the form: http://validator.w3.org/
>

> The link code used on all my pages , and have had for several years, is
> below.
>
> href="http://validator.w3.org/check/referer"

Looks like there's something wrong with the validator's proxy/frontend
configuration; while /check/referer is deprecated since 2003 (the
current way to do it is /check?uri=referer), it should AFAIK continue to
work for the foreseeable future.

It seems you've already that change to the document mentioned above, but
/check/referer test cases can be found at http://validator.w3.org/dev/tests/