Re: Link checker: SVG, sources

On 07/25/2011 11:54 AM, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:

> I just tried the link checker recursively on an IRI test for SVG at
> http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp/2005/yone/iritest/0.10/SVG/. It seems that
> the link checker doesn't deal with SVG. Can you confirm?

Confirmed.  The link checker currently parses only text/html,
application/xhtml+xml, application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml, text/css, and
text/html-sandboxed documents.

> Is there some effort underway to fix this?

Not really that I know of.  But I have some very rough local perl code
on which I've last hacked over a year ago whose goal is to modularize
link extraction from different types of documents, but there's no XML
support in it yet either.

> How would I contribute?

The first thing would be to add XML (with at least xml:base) parsing and
basic link extraction support, then document type such as specific
functionality.

The current link checker code is not that well prepared/documented for
adding support for new document types.  The commit which added initial
CSS (standalone and embedded in HTML) support to it can give some ideas
though: http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/link-checker/rev/bb26d957084a