Re: [VE][108] Google+ attribute

Shashank Tiwari wrote:

> Validating http://www.audiojunkie.org/
> Error [108]: "there is no attribute X"
>
> Hello,
>
> I was trying to validate my site and fixing the errors on it. One error
> I found was the Google+ button. The button code is as per the
> instructions listed on Google+1 site. So I guess it is not an error.

Why would you assume that ?  Validating the base Google site

	http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.google.com/

reveals a possible 35 errors, 2 warnings, and use of a work in progress
(HTML 5) rather than an established W3C specification such as
HTML 4.01.

> Will you please approve the new Google+1 attribute in your system so
> that it doesn't show up as an error in future ? Thanks

It doesn't seem appropriate (to me) to ask the Validator team
to rubber-stamp Google's errors.  Far better, IMHO, to ask
Google to write and supply standards-compliant code.

Philip Taylor