Re: [VE][76] Add Subject Here

From: Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Wed, 05 Jan 2011 10:53:29 +0000
To: "Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
CC: Naz <naz_ayub@hotmail.com>, W3C Validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>

Jukka K. Korpela wrote:

 > That is true, and confusing, but the string "element X undefined" is
 > generated when someone clicks on a "suggest improvements" link in
 > validation results (those links appear on the right of error messages
 > and have, confusingly, an image of an envelope as the link image, and
 > all of them have Alt="Error", violating W3C accessibility recommendations).
 > And the error message string inserted is the generic one, "element X
 > undefined", not the specific message shown to the user.

Aarrrgggghhhh, didn't realise that Jukka : many thanks for
the clarification and for taking the time to explain to
the originator of this thread his best route for tidying
things up. I became so despondent when I saw the mixture
of HTML, XHTML and MSO-nonsense that I could not summon
up the enthusiasm to make a more helpful comment.

Philip Taylor
--
Not sent from my i-Pad, i-Phone, Blackberry, Blueberry, or any
such similar poseurs' toy, none of which would I be seen dead