Re: [VE][66] Add Subject Here

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 11:44:54 +0200
To: Bob Sherbondy <bsherbondy@gmail.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org
2011-12-04 23:16, Bob Sherbondy wrote:

> Validating http://christianityetc.org/outline_of_Ephesians.php
> Error [66]: "document type does not allow element X here; assuming
> missing Y start-tag"
>
> Here is the citation of the exact errors (there are 31 of these): /Line
> 76, Column 17/: document type does not allow element "OL" here; assuming
> missing "LI" start-tag
>
> |				<ol type="A"*>
> What do I need to do to eliminate these errors with the cited tags?

You need to move the </li> tags later or remove them.

When lists are nested, the inner list must appear within a <li> element
that is a child of the outer list. That is, you must not write e.g.

<ul>
<li>something</li>
   <ol>
   <li>foo</li>
   <li>bar</li>
   </ol>
</ul>

as this would make the <ol> element a child of <ul>, which is forbidden.
Instead, you can male the <ol> a child of a <li> element by moving the
end tag </li>:

<ul>
<li>something
   <ol>