Re: Note about "Document Outline" recommendation

From: Chuck Houpt <chuck@habilis.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 15:52:24 -0500
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: Brian Seymour <abdel.irada@gmail.com>
>            [H3] Marxism, Inc.?
>    [H1] 'We will bury you -- and then sell your remains forever'

Wouldn't the following be a better way to structure the headline?

<H1>
   <SPAN CLASS="kicker">Marxism, Inc.?</SPAN>
   We will bury you -- and then sell your remains forever
</H1>

A kicker is (often) just a way of styling a part of the headline. Here the visual effect is achieved with a SPAN, which doesn't disturb the semantic structure of the document.

- Chuck