Re: There is no attribute XMLNS:FB error

From: Etienne Miret <etienne.miret@ens-lyon.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 22:21:38 +0200
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: contact@turksekok.nl
Hello,

You are getting this error because you use a non-standard attribute, namely “xmlns:fb”. The easiest way to get rid of this error is to remove that attribute.

Furthermore, it seems me that this attribute is useless on your page, although I don’t know Facebook API well enough to be sure about that. I suggest you try to remove it and see if anything breaks.

Oh, and by the way, the error message reads “This error is *often* caused by incorrect use of the ‘Strict’ document type…”. “Often”, not “always”.

Regards,

--
Etienne Miret