Re: Web SUBpages rejected with "Bad hostname"

16.8.2011 12:08, C. Alex. North-Keys wrote:

> I've been seeing for a while that, although I can use the validator just
> fine on upper level pages on my website, certain pages get this:
>>
>> Sorry! This document can not be checked.
>> 1. I got the following unexpected response when trying to retrieve
>> <http://www.talisman.org/~erlkonig/img/>:
>> 500 Can't connect to dont-waste-bandwidth-running-validator-here:80
[...]
> Of course, the validator was perfectly happy with other pages under the
> same http://www.talisman.org/~erlkonig/

I suppose the issue is related to http://www.talisman.org/robots.txt
which contains the following for all robots:

Disallow: */img/*

So the URL with "/img/" in it is robots-excluded. Moreover, the
exclusion is accompanied with a "funny" redirection to a nonexistent
address.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/