Re: Checklink question

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:36:53 +0300
To: R Kimber <richardkimber@btinternet.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org
On 04/25/2011 12:02 AM, R Kimber wrote:
> I run Checklink 4.8 (c) regularly and get a number of errors.  I'm not an
> expert, so I'd be grateful if someone could tell me whether they are
> Checklink errors, or errors in perl, or just informational errors of no
> importance that can be ignored.

It's hard to tell the impact just by looking at the error messages you
posted, but they're certainly something that we want to fix or at least
get rid of if there's nothing to actually fix.

But without a URL that can be used to reproduce the warnings, it's also
hard to do anything about them.  Could you let us know the URL of the
document you're checking when these occur (send it to me in private mail
if you prefer it that way)?  Some details about your environment such as
Perl and libwww-perl versions could be useful as well.