Re: Problem installation validator

On 04/03/2011 12:05 PM, Onofrio De Divitiis wrote:

> I have installed a local validator on my notebook and seems to work
> correctly... It check all the error of local page
>
> The problem was when the page is done and the validator return this error
>
> /*Validation Output: 2 Errors
>
>   (Validator local file "catalog") Line 1: Document is empty
>
>   (Validator local file "catalog") Line 1: Start tag expected, '<' not
> found*/

This error occurs when XML::LibXML (libxml) tries to load its default
catalog, and hits the limitation we set for locations where it is
allowed to load files from.  We try to instruct it to not load the
default catalog, but for an unknown reason that doesn't work in all setups.

If you're running the validator with mod_perl, try without it.  Other
things you may want to try is to add the the default catalog path of
your libxml2 installation after the "Do not trap file URIs within our
jail" line in the "check" script (which is usually /etc/xml and that's
already allowed), but because you're hitting this issue it might be that
our catalog setup doesn't work at all on your system which then again
causes fetching of DTDs from the net everytime and that's going to be slow.