Re: Semi-random Parser Failure

黃俊銓, Sat, 18 Sep 2010 18:53:46 +0800:

> [...] reporting it as an end-of-line error.  The rest of the time the site
is reported
> as valid HTML5. [...]

Exept one time (see bottom of letter) I got the same kind of reaction
as you: sometimes the page is reported as valid, other times it is not.

Perhaps you are confusing the Validator. I looked at the source, and it
seems as if some lines uses CRLF (Windows) line endings, while others
lines uses LF (Unix) line endings. (There is no reason this should
affect the Validator though.)

> NOTE: There are some dynamic elements on the page that change each
> time the page is loaded; however, I've looked through these and none
> of them seem to be able to explain the above error.

Perhaps the dynamics affects the line endings as well? Also, one of the
times I validated your page, I got a typical URL encoding error:

]]
 Line 44, Column 277: & did not start a character reference. (&
probably should have been escaped as &.)
….co.uk/ws/zh/thread.jspa?forumID=12582&start=0&zh=trad"
target="_blank">
[[

May be this is an indication that the dynamic parts of the page don't
load fast enough, so that the Validator really doesn't see the tags
that you have placed there.

I you use the Show source option in the Validator, then you can verify
that the validator checked the code that you expected it to check.

(PS: right now your page is unavailable - I suppose the entire
mailinglist is trying to help you.) :-)
--
leif halvard silli