No character encoding warnings and error on pages previously validated pages

From: Dean DeFino <dxdefino@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 13:54:09 -0400
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

NOTE: Whenever possible, give the address of the document you were
checking.
In the past two days when validating Web Pages I, on occasion get a message
that states I have one error and 3 warnings that state I had no character
encoding.  What is interesting is that when I run Web pages previously
validated I got the same message and when trying later the programs will
validate.  Is there a glitch going on or is there something I am doing that
is causing this message.  I never had this problem before.  It began
yesterday morning but last night the pages validated, but again this
afternoon I am getting the same message.