Re: really sorry - can't really be sure if it's a bug - value attribute on image type input

From: MEM <talofo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 02:38:12 +0100
To: "Jens O. Meiert" <jens@meiert.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
2010/5/14 Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>:

> The specs don’t seem to be too clear about @value on image buttons
> however [1,2], though I had only so much time to verify.
>

> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/interact/forms.html#input-control-types
> [2] http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/number-state.html#image-button-state
>
> --
> Jens O. Meiert
> http://meiert.com/en/

Thank you. One last note:
If we do look into the validation message passed by the HTML5
validator when this (or any of this kind) error occurred, we can
actually see that "value" is among the *allowed* values of an "input
image", witch, according to the error given above, isn't true. Hence,
I would suggest the removal of that atribute reference on the
validation error message.

K. Regards,
Márcio