Validation Results Are Overly-complicated

From: Fred <themysterykat@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 21:08:04 -0400
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
As an example of the subject line, a page I sought to validate returned a report of 20 errors however, after sorting
through all the extraneous data, I discovered there were only two.

Just out of curiosity, I re-entered the two errors and ran the page through WDG's validator and received a report
listing only the actual errors which greatly simplified a fix.  Next, one error was purposely inserted and the page run
through W3C resulting in a report stating there were nine errors.

Apparently, you're following Microsoft's lead in making simple things complicated by listing several subsequent errors
created as a result of one primary error which makes the actual problem more difficult to discern.

Why not keep it simple?

Fred