Re: Internal DTD subset without a displayed "]>"

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 19:56:17 +0100
To: Krzysztof Maczyński <1981km@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Krzysztof Maczyński, Mon, 22 Mar 2010 23:38:56 +0100:
> Thanks, Leif, for sharing your ideas ([1], [2])! They're definitely
> interesting and occasionally useful.
>
> I've got one more question. Can the parser-hack PI be hidden somehow
> from a compliant XML parser?

Does it need to be hidden from a compliant XML parser? Assuming Firefox
and and Opera are compliant, then there were no problems there, that I
could see, when I tested the hack on page served as
application/xhtml+xml. Webkit had a problem - apparently a bug, related
to how it treats <?pi ?>s - it seemed to treat them as SGML PIs rather
than as XML PIs. I filed a bug in the Webkt project for this. Which XML
parser are you dealing with?

--
leif halvard silli