Re: Homepage XHTML Issue

From: Hendrik Köhler <koehler@united-webdesign.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 12:51:14 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi,

Reading through the w3schools XHTML Validation information, I used the
validator to simply test against your homepage (
http://www.w3schools.com/ <http://www.w3schools.com/> ), you'll probably
be interested to know that I received the following problems:-

   Line 45, Column 16: reference not terminated by REFC delimiter

If you meant to include an entity that starts with "&", then you should
terminate it with ";". Another reason for this error message is that you
inadvertently created an entity by failing to escape an "&" character
just before this text.

   Line 45, Column 15: XML Parsing Error: EntityRef: expecting ';'
Hopefully you'll be able to sort it out so as newcomers don't think the
site that is teaching them to become XHTML valid hasn't actually been
XHTML valid for their own homepage, and in turn leave.
Other than noticing that, thanks for the refreshment on XHTML! Always
find good help on your site.

Peter Maffay
Web Designer

Email: petermaffay@webvisitenkarte.net