Re: HTML OK in <mtext> but not in <annotation-xml>, etc. [was: HTML5 with MathML has problem with numerical attrubute values]

From: Michael(tm) Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 05:19:20 +0900
To: Joe Java <cop3252@yahoo.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Hi Joe,

> @2010-06-14 09:24 -0700:
> The only strangeness was that when an 'input' tag is inside a 'mtext'
> tag the compiler complains about an 'alt' attribute being used by the
> 'input' tag.
>
> For example
>   <mtext>
>     <input xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" id="input12"
>                   value="?" size="1" alt="?" />
>   </mtext>
>
> does not validate but
>
>   <mtext>
>     <input xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" id="input12"
>                   value="?" size="1"/>
>   </mtext>

I think the validator will flag that first input instance as
invalid regardless of whether it is within an mtext element or
not. The reason is that that the alt attribute is valid on the
input element only if the input element also has a type attribute
whose value is "image".

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith