Re: troubles installing W3C validator package on Mac OS X SnowLeopard

From: john gale <john@smadness.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 18:25:01 -0700
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>

On May 27, 2010, at 12:57 AM, David Dorward wrote:

> On 27 May 2010, at 00:18, john gale wrote:
>> Has anybody succeeded in getting the W3C validator running on a mac, especially on SnowLeopard ?
>
> Validator S. A. C. works fine on Snow Leopard for me.
> http://habilis.net/validator-sac/

Thanks for the reply, although a stand alone application is not what I'm looking for.

I'm hoping to set up the website directly through apache.  I realize the SAC has a "web service" built in, but it's the exact same thing as the source code: an apache file that runs a perl script, which fails because it's missing the SGML::Parser::OpenSP module, which cannot be installed because it's not compiling against OpenSP correctly.

	~ john