Malformed JSON output format

From: Yaroslav Samchuk <yarcat@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:42:16 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
When requesting the JSON output, returned data seems to be malformed:

     "url": "...",
     "messages": [

               "lastLine": 24,
               "lastColumn": 185,
               "message": &amp; did not start a character reference.
(&amp; probably should have been escaped as &amp;amp;.),
               "messageid": "html5",
               "explanation":     <p class="helpwanted">
title="Suggest improvements on this error message through our feedback
               "type": "error"

Note that "message" and "explanation" values aren't quoted.

Is it an expected behavior or am I doing something wrong? To get JSON
output format, I append ";output=json" to the URL, as described at http://validator.w3.org/docs/users.html#Output

Best regards,