Re: Validation Issues

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 13:33:59 +0000
Cc: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Dacia Brown <DBrown@alvincollege.edu>

On 22 Jan 2010, at 22:24, Dacia Brown wrote:

> I tried to submit my question through the HTML Writers Guild but I kept receiving an error page -http://www.qpost.com/ask.

They aren't connected to the W3C, as far as I know.
> My Question
> What is the proper way to code Include files and still validate the content pages where all the code is compiled?

Validate HTML documents, not the separate components that make them up.

If you want to test the include files individually, then build a test suite that wraps them in skeleton documents and pass those documents to a validator.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk