Validator accuses <svg:g enable-background="new"> as error

From: Ramsey Gurley <ramsey@xeotech.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 15:35:13 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi all,

Thanks for the great validator. I use it all the time.  I've recently
noticed, it is calling the usage of enable-background="new" on a svg G
an error.  Looking at the DTD for XHTML+SVG+MathML, I see that enable-
background is part of the container attributes, which is part of
presentational attributes, which is on the attribute list of both svg
and g elements (among others).  When using enable-background on the
svg element, there is no error reported.

Ramsey