Re: document type does not allow element "address" here

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 18:57:25 +0200
To: "Christian Paul" <christian@roammobility.com>, <www-validator@w3.org>
Christian Paul wrote:

> Hi.  The validator said that I cannot use the <address> element where
> I have placed it.  Is it supposed to go in a specific location?

Yes, there are restrictions on the placement of an <address> element.

If the page is the one in your sig, http://www.roammobility.com/ , then the
problem is that the <address> element has been placed inside a <p> element.
Such nesting is prohibited, since a <p> element may only contain inline
elements, and <address> is a block level element.

In this case, removing the <p> tag before the <address> is sufficient to fix
this error.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/