Re: [VE][108] Add Subject Here

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 20:22:51 +0200
To: Jiří Havlíček <jiri.pc@gmail.com>, <www-validator@w3.org>
Jiří Havlíček wrote:

> Hello, what kind of error report is this one?
>
> -------- Line 25, Column 32: Attribute "HEIGHT" is not a valid
> attribute. Did you mean "height"?

A clueless one. The bug is known but it still has not been removed from the
production version. Just ignore the "heuristic" suggestion "Did you
mean - -".

> In the code there really is written "height". Same problem appeared
> with "valign" and "height" at <tr> tag. I don't understand nor the
> error neither the way to fix it.

The start of the error message is adequate: the DTD you declare does not
allow the attribute in the given context.

You need to remove the attributes to achieve validity. Maybe you need a
completely different approach to layout, possibly using CSS instead of
presentational HTML attributes.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/