Re: [VE][127] seemingly invalid error message

On 19 Feb 2010, at 15:08, Evan Einhorn wrote:

> While using the Validator on my web site www.ahtcsonline.com, I received an error message that I don't think is appropriate since the element
> that they are say is missing is there.  The message says that I am missing the ">" after the .js and before the closing "</script>.

No. It says you are missing an attribute (not an element), and it points to the spot in your code where it expects to find it (i.e. where you finish the start tag).

>  Can someone please explain why I am getting errors on "missing" elements when they are in fact in my html.
>
> Line 136, Column 53: required attribute "type" not specified
> <script src="http://widgets.twimg.com/j/2/widget.js"></script>

There is a src attribute. There is no type attribute.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk