Markup Validator: Result changes by the checking method

From: Makoto Mizukami <mmk9060@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 13:49:47 +0900
To: www-validator@w3.org
Hi,

I found out that the validation result varies by the validation method
(URI, File Upload, Direct Input) if it includes an data: URI
reference.

See this document:
<!doctype html>
<title></title>

If I validate this fragment by "Direct Input", the validator says that
the document is valid.
However, if I validate it by "File Upload" or "URI", the validator
says that the document is invalid since it has wrong URI reference.

Which validation is correct? Please let me know...

Regards,
Makoto Mizukami
mmk9060@gmail.com