Re: Question

From: Olivier Thereaux <olivier@thereaux.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:11:14 -0500
Cc: Jan Palounek <janpalounek@seznam.cz>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, www-validator@w3.org, www-qa@w3.org
To: Jens O. Meiert <jens@meiert.com>

On 13 déc. 2010, at 01:33, Jens O. Meiert wrote:
>> http://about.validator.nu/#no-badge
>
> I hope that answers your question, Jan.
>
> I didn’t know that part of the document, Ian. Glad to hear, albeit due
> to different reasons [1] (which I would articulate a bit differently
> nowadays).
>
> [1] http://meiert.com/en/blog/20070309/valid-css-and-similar-claims-are-unprofessional/

A lot of good points in there, both in Henri's document and yours, Jens.

It's also worth noting that for many years, the icons were part of an arsenal to promote good practices and better awareness of web standards.
(Whether the icons were used well is another discussion altogether)

Given the current hype around html5, it's probably fair to say that a “valid HTML5” icon is hardly relevant indeed.

--
olivier