Re: Correct value of parameter uploaded_file

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 22:35:27 +0200
To: www-validator@w3.org
On Saturday 04 December 2010, Mehmet Erdal ÖZKINACI wrote:
> What about "output=soap12" for xml result in multipart/form-data POST?
>
> I wrote a code which sent multipart/form-data POST for Validate by File
> Upload validation mode. It works and returns html result from
> validator.w3.org
>
> but I cannot get xml result.

What *do* you get when requesting it?

> Is there any help?
>
> And sometimes I get prolog error. Why?

Make sure that your code sends the filename parameter for the Content-
Disposition header for your uploaded_file field.  Validator gets confused if
that parameter is not present.

The development version now becomes less confused and treats cases without the
filename parameter as if they had been fragment POSTs, see today's changes at
http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/markup-validator/