Re: html 5

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:42:29 +0100
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: support@muralsandfauxpainting.com

On 30 Aug 2010, at 18:01, support@muralsandfauxpainting.com wrote:

> Any further info as far as html 5 goes?

Further then what?

>  In other words, is it the right time to go from xhtml strict to html5 yet?

Given the state of browser support, I'm not convinced XHTML is a good choice (or ever has been) for most use cases. As for HTML 5, the specification is a draft, a lot of stuff in it has very limited support in browsers, so in most cases I would say 'no'. In some limited use cases it does provide benefits over HTML 4.01, but they need to be judged on a case by case basis.

>  When do you think you will have validation for it?

The Markup Validator already supports it (although the specification is subject to change, so it might not be entirely correct).

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk