Re: html 5

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 20:42:29 +0100
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
To: support@muralsandfauxpainting.com

On 30 Aug 2010, at 18:01, support@muralsandfauxpainting.com wrote:

> Any further info as far as html 5 goes?

Further then what?

>  In other words, is it the right time to go from xhtml strict to html5 yet?

Given the state of browser support, I'm not convinced XHTML is a good choice (or ever has been) for most use cases. As for HTML 5, the specification is a draft, a lot of stuff in it has very limited support in browsers, so in most cases I would say 'no'. In some limited use cases it does provide benefits over HTML 4.01, but they need to be judged on a case by case basis.

>  When do you think you will have validation for it?

The Markup Validator already supports it (although the specification is subject to change, so it might not be entirely correct).

David Dorward