Re: EOF detected with HTML5 and NFC

From: Julien ÉLIE <julien@trigofacile.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 20:51:51 +0200
To: <www-validator@w3.org>
Cc: <andreasprilopwww@trashmail.net>
Hi Andreas,

> Construct a *minimal* example, i.e. a test page that is as short as possible.

I do not understand what is going on.

 (1) http://iulius.dinauz.org/fragments.htm.utf8
 (2) http://iulius.dinauz.org/fragments2.htm.utf8
 (3) http://iulius.dinauz.org/fragments3.htm.utf8

Do you manage to reproduce the following behaviour:
 * (1) is always valid
 * (2) is sometimes valid, sometimes invalid
 * (3) is like 2 -- created afterwards to see whether cache would be involved

(1) and (2) differ only by one byte (in <title> -- a byte has been removed).
If I change a byte instead of removing it, same behaviour.

You can "wget (2)" and try on another server.
I also tried with file upload and see the same thing:  sometimes valid,
sometimes invalid.

And I do not manage to construct another example.  Very strange.

Just try to reload several times that link:

Do you see the valid/invalid behaviour?

Julien ÉLIE

« Ne craignez pas d'être lent, craignez seulement d'être à l'arrêt. »