Re: HTML 5 Error - The select element cannot have...

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 13:36:46 +0200
To: Sean Fraser <wileyluxe@gmail.com>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Sean Fraser, Mon, 5 Apr 2010 23:08:48 -0500:

http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.elementary-group-standards.com%2Findex.php%3Fid%3D564&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0
> ]
>
> The Validator has not made allowances for multiple "Optgroup" elements
> having multiple option elements being "selected". In my case, it is the
> second and third "Optgroups" which are causing invalidity.

It does indeed seem like you have tracked down a bug in the HTML5
validation service. The validator recognizes the 'multiple' attribute.
But when you actually do set more than one option as 'selected', then
it reports that this is not permitted, unless you use the 'multiple'
attribute.

Let's hope that Henri is paying attention. Otherwise, you could perhaps
report the bug at the HTML5 validator's own bugzilla:
http://bugzilla.validator.nu
--
leif halvard silli