Re: Bug?

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 23:12:39 +0300
To: "Jens" <jens@naruto-area.de>, <www-validator@w3.org>
Jens wrote:

> I think I found a bug.
>
> I have a div and navigation element with the same attribute.

So what? Which attribute? Why don't you post a URL?

> So validated as html 5.

"HTML 5" is codename for a sketch of a draft of a working paper.
"Validating" against something as vague as that is pointlss.

> Is that right, that its not allowed to have more than 1 element with
> the same id tag in the same document?

No. But in published HTML specifications (recommendations), id _attributes_
are of type ID, which means that they must be unique within a document.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/