Re: [VE][108] Object/Embed Error

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:47:51 +0100
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Marvin Brouwer <marvin-brouwer@live.nl>
On 4 Sep 2009, at 17:00, Marvin Brouwer wrote:

> Validating http://home.deds.nl/~marvin-inhollandwebdesign/
> But whenever I validate with the embedded object I get a ton of
> errors, I do not want to be bold but I am getting the impression you
> have not implemented object attributes in your validation engine
> however the problem could also be with the embedded object.

The errors relate to your use of the embed element. As you will see if
you check the specification ( http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/index/elements.html
  ) there is no such element in HTML 4.

It would be wrong for a validator to implement such an element for
HTML 4 when it does not exist.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk