Re: outright error in error message?

On 29 Oct 2009, at 19:13, Magda Wojtyra wrote:
> As you can see in the code snippet, I AM using lower case for
> “border”. So why does it think it’s in capitals?

It is a generic attempt at a suggested recovery. The feature works
poorly and I believe it has been removed from the development version.

>  I am using <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01//EN"> and
> the element in question is an image, so a border is perfectly fine.

http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/index/attributes.html shows that the border
attribute for img elements requires the loose (transitional) DTD. This
sort of presentational detail is handled using stylesheets on modern
webpages.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk