Re: body-tag with non-existing attributes error in HTML5 validation

On Mar 23, 2009, at 00:09, olivier Thereaux wrote:

> Hi Tobias,
> On 22-Mar-09, at 6:44 AM, Tobias Stamm wrote:
>> I'd like to report a possible bug in the experimental HTML5-
>> checker: Very often I get the following error since I moved to HTML
>> 5:
>> Line 15, Column 5: Attribute name not allowed on element body at
>> this point..
>> Element-specific attributes for element body:None.
>> ---
>> You don't need to explain the meaning of this error message, that's
>> perfectly clear (although there is nothing to complain about in my
>> code: no attributes within my body tag).
>
> I've seen this happen a few times, strangely indeed: the html5
> engine will complain about markup that isn't there. Very puzzling.
> Generally, restarting the html5 engine does the trick. I did that
> just now: can you check whether the issue still happens?
>
> Henri, is this an issue you have encountered in the past? If not,
> maybe the stack trace on validator.w3.org could help understand the
> problem.

Yes, this is a known and fixed issue. The basic problem is that
isindex handling caused attributes to be added to an object that was
supposed to be a no-attribute singleton object.

This has been fixed in svn and on Validator.nu.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi