body-tag with non-existing attributes error in HTML5 validation

From: Tobias Stamm <stamm@manderby.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2009 11:44:12 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org
Greetings,

I'd like to report a possible bug in the experimental HTML5-checker:
Very often I get the following error since I moved to HTML 5:

---
Line 15, Column 5: Attribute name not allowed on element body at this
point..
Element-specific attributes for element body:None.
---
You don't need to explain the meaning of this error message, that's
perfectly clear (although there is nothing to complain about in my
code: no attributes within my body tag). The strange thing is that
after trying different things, stripping down the code to its
essential, re-encoding in different formats, line endings etc, the
error message suddenly and unexpectedly disappears, and even stranger,
the original file would pass the HTML5 check without any error (as I
was hoping for :-) ).

This error normally causes further errors to occur, mostly within the
tbody-tag. Maybe this is an encoding error. My files are encrypted in
utf-8 (which is detected automatically right) and I'm working on a
Mac, my pages run on a LAMP configuration. No matter from where I try,
the error keeps coming up until after about 5 - 10 validations.

This is just an information note but feel free to reply. Greetings