Re: Validation

kb8qeu wrote:
> It is aparent that W3C does not know HTM 4.0 languahe. I tested a page
> just now and is perfect. However, the "validator" says there were
> warnings and errors in it. Kept sugesting CSS and Xhtml junk.

More likely, you are confusing "HTML 4.0" with "What errors commonly
used browsers tend to recover from".

> Its the validator site which in in error using java and style sheets!
> Which is not HTM protocols.

JavaScript and CSS embedded in a webpage using script and style elements
or intrinsic event and style attributes must follow the rules for those
elements and attributes.

> I looked at the valadating page andsaw many errors in it!

If you think you have found errors with the client side code at
http://validator.w3.org/ - then please file specific bug reports rather
then simply claiming "many errors". I doesn't seem likely that they have
a significant number of problems.

> If you want to look at my page go to http://pages.suddenlink.net/kb8qeu/
> and see for yourself that it is perfect htm coding.

No, I wouldn't describe that as perfect.

> It is those pages that has Java, stylesheets, ablets, <span></span>, and
> other non-htm coding, that prevents 70 to 75 precent internet users from
> using the internet.

No. It is perfectly possible to remain accessible while using modern
technologies - they just have to be used correctly.

(Please direct follow-ups to the www-validator mailing list, and not
directly to me)
--
David Dorward                               <http://dorward.me.uk/>