Re: Checklink: syntax for command-line arguments for suppressing warnings

From: Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta@iki.fi>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 08:20:24 +0300
To: Michael Ernst <mernst@alum.mit.edu>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
On Sunday 14 June 2009, Michael Ernst wrote:
> Having heard no objection,

I posted my objections already in November in for example
http://www.w3.org/mid/200811102337.57258.ville.skytta%40iki.fi and I don't
remember anyone besides you posting in favour of the approach you proposed and
now committed.  Did you not see my message above?

> I will commit the patch using the separator that
> is most natural for each option, rather than attempting to use the same
> separator everywhere.

I still disagree with what you propose as "most natural".  Please change the
implementation and documentation to accept spaces as the separator for all
these options.  If you insist, feel free to leave the ->, #, and : separators
as accepted alternatives to spaces.