Re: Ampersands in URLs not working with HTML5 validator

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 07:24:47 +0100
To: Chris O'Donnell <odn@me.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org
Chris O'Donnell wrote:
> All the errors for this page are un-escaped ampersands in URLs, which
> shouldn't trigger an error.
Could you quote and link to the section of the HTML5 specification which
excludes URLs from the usual rules for having characters with special
meaning in HTML marked up as entities in HTML documents? This isn't a
change that I've heard of before and I can't find any mention of it in
the draft specification.

(And please direct responses to www-validator not directly to me).