RE: [VE][108] border not supported on type input image

From: Tatham Oddie <tatham@oddie.com.au>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 09:17:06 +1000
To: <ian@fixonefree.com>
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>, "'Etienne Miret'" <elimerl@gmail.com>, "'Damian Edwards'" <damian.edwards@readify.net>
Hi Ian,

Etienne is correct in highlighting that this markup is not actually valid.

To help with producing valid XHTML from ASP.NET, you need to include <xhtmlConformance mode="strict" /> in the <system.web> section of your web.config file. This will change the default markup rendered by the framework controls.

If you're interested in hearing more about building standards compliant websites with ASP.NET, check out this presentation:

	http://blog.tatham.oddie.com.au/?p=318

Thanks,

Tatham Oddie
au mob: +61 414 275 989, us cell: +1 213 422 7068, skype: tathamoddie, landline: +61 2 8011 3982, fax: +61 2 9475 5172