Re: Add Subject Here

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 19:57:27 +0300
To: "Victor W. Moreno" <victor.w.moreno@gmail.com>, <www-validator@w3.org>
Victor W. Moreno wrote:

> I have tried many times to validate this page and the error that
> comes up is :"cannot validate this page".

You should post a URL, not a document as an appendix.

> Please check the code that I copied from text book.

There are apparently some copying errors, at least in

PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTMl 1.0 Transitional//EN"
''http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd''>

where the quotes should be either double Ascii quotes (") or single Ascii
quotes ('), not two successive single quotes, and in

where the "8" in "utf-8" has been turned to "S", so the validator cannot
recognize the document's character encoding.

> NOTE: Whenever possible, give the address of the document you were
> checking.

Indeed.

P.S. If it's directly from a textbook, get a new one. It has no markup
inside body, even though it is obviously meant to contain a heading and a
paragraph, and it sets background without setting text color, and it uses
presentational HTML markup (instead of a style sheet) for that, for no good
reason. And it uses XHTML without paying sufficient attention to appendix C.

--
Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/