valid <noscript> tag reported as invalid, part 2

From: Jerry <dogpatch@bmi.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:09:35 -0600
To: www-validator@w3.org

Re. the <noscript> message of a few minutes ago - the page now passes the validator OK. But the 'solution' strikes me as odd.

-----------------------------
<b>Some bold message text varying depending upon whether

document.write("Javascript is enabled");
</script>

<!-- Squirrelly fix here -->
</b>

<noscript>
 <b>Javascript is not enabled</b>
</noscript>

<b> on the client machine. Now, close the bold text.</b>

Confused? I think i am. This doesn't look like proper markup, but i have no idea how else to do it.

pax et bonum,
Jerry