From: olivier Thereaux [mailto:ot@w3.org]
Sent: 20 January 2009 15:35
To: Steve Faulkner
Cc: www-validator@w3.org
Subject: Re: [VE][232] getting this error Error [232]: "number of attribute
names and name tokens (X) exceeds ATTCNT (Y)"

Hi Steve, all

On 16-Jan-09, at 12:37 PM, Steve Faulkner wrote:
> So is it possible to Increase the ATTCNT in the SGML declaration
> used with
> custom DTDs. On the W3C validator?

I only vaguely recall past issues with ATTCNT and somewhat remember
that changing that value could be problematic for "standard" DTDs but
I can't find any specific pointer, so we might as well try and test:
I upped the ATTCNT in the SGML declaration, and we can test on the
development version of the validator at:
http://qa-dev.w3.org/wmvs/HEAD/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.paciellogroup.com%
2Fblog%2Fmisc%2Flandmarks.html

If this change does not affect validation against other DTDs (need to
run test suite), this change should make the next release.

Cheers,
--
olivier