Re: [VE][232] getting this error Error [232]: "number of attribute names and name tokens (X) exceeds ATTCNT (Y)"

On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 03:59:53PM -0000, Steve Faulkner wrote:
> I have created a custom DTD (based on the HTML 4 strict DTD with ARIA
> attributes added) and hosted it. I am using some javascript to swap the DTD
> of the page to test with the custom DTD before sending the code to the W3C
> validator. It works as expected except i get this error (about 20 times)
> before actual coding errors are displayed)
>
> Is there any way to suppress this error in the results output?

Google found me http://htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/changelog.html.en

I belive the WDG Validator has a shared ancestry for the SGML parser
used in the W3C Validator, so this is likely the same issue.

"""
      Increased the ATTCNT in the SGML declaration used with custom
      DTDs. This makes it possible to add a larger number of
      attributes to elements such as EMBED.
"""

This suggests that it is possible to resolve, but needs a change to
the validation service.

(Please direct responses to www-validator and not directly to me,
thanks).

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk